1.19.2007

Updating the Blog




It's been a long time since I updated the blog, so here we go. I actually was very busy working on the cabinet and got very far with it. I am still doing minor changes and tweaks to the machine here and there. I suppose, though, it'd be best to start from the top.

After sanding down the old rusty and beat-up control panel, I re-painted it with three coats of Rustoleum Hammered Metal paint, which is perfect for any metal surface on arcade machines. The texture really turned out beautifully. Also shown is the underside of the CP, with the I-PAC interface and buttons shown.


Since the taking of this picture, I have added five new buttons per player, which makes newer games playable. More pics are on their way. You can also see in these pircures that I have installed a custom-cut monitor bezel to hide the ugliness of the monitor's metal frame.



You'll also notice that the coin door buttons light up. I went to K-mart and bought some replacement bulbs and then wired up all of them directly to a 5v power connector on the ATX power supply. The result is pure vintage arcade. More pics coming soon.

No comments: