3.02.2006

Welcome home, Asteroids



Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to have an actual stand-up arcade machine. I finally decided to pick one up. I looked for a few months on the Internet, did some reading about converting old machines into MAME cabinets, and got absolutely (re)hooked on the idea. I picked up an Asteroids machine for around $180 including extra buttons, decals, an I-PAC board, and lots of good advice and suggestions for my project. Couldn't have found a better seller!

My friend Josh and I lugged it into my apartment (good thing I'm on a ground level apartment) and instantly started really checking it out. Since then, I've been working on it almost every day. It's progressing quite nicely, but still has a ways to go.


Here's how it looked when I got the back open. As you can see, the construction is in tip-top shape, and the empty case leaves me lots of room to work with. Time for some internal modifications!

No comments: